Legacy of Hope Ambassadors
Legacy of Hope has an official volunteer program, the Legacy of Hope Ambassadors. These volunteers will regularly help educate the public about organ, eye and tissue donation through participation in:
- Health fairs and public awareness events
- Special events
- Office assistance
- Presentations/school visits
- Workplace Partners referrals
- Religious groups
- Identifying other Legacy of Hope Ambassadors
- Participating in community events
- Speaking at places of worship and civic organizations
- DMV visits
- Encouraging local organizations and businesses to display donor registry brochures, fact cards and information.
What are the steps to becoming an Ambassador?
There are many opportunities to get involved at Legacy of Hope. We want to ensure you are able to volunteer in the area that best suits your strengths and in which you are most interested.
- Click the link below, Download Application Form, to begin the process.
- Once submitted, you will receive a secure link to a background check. Please complete at your convenience.
- In about 2 business days, you will receive results from the background check.
- You will then receive a welcome email from our Community Liaison who will share with you volunteer training dates, opportunities to volunteer and our Facebook page, dedicated to our Ambassadors.
At least one volunteer training per calendar year is required to maintain an active status as an Ambassador.
Are you a transplant recipient, donor family member, living donor, transplant candidate or a friend of the transplant community who would like to share your story? If so, the Legacy of Hope Ambassador program is the perfect opportunity to tell others about the gift of life!
The program is designed as a grassroots initiative, which means we rely on you to identify opportunities to spread the word in your community.