Grief & Bereavement Resources
The internet has a wealth of education and support resources related to grief, bereavement and the many types of loss people experience. The following links are only a suggested beginning point to connect with those resources.
Grief & Bereavement
- National Donor Family Council – Opportunities for donor families to share their stories and find support. Message boards, email discussions, pen pals and an online newsletter.
- Beyond Indigo– Education, resources, message boards, chat rooms and advice on all types of loss.
- GriefShare – Opportunities to attend local support group, education, resources in a safe and confidential setting with trained facilitators who have experienced grief.
- GriefShare Birmingham – Opportunities to attend local support group, education, resources in a safe and confidential setting with trained facilitators who have experienced grief. For more information, please review the GriefShare brochure.
- Grief Watch – Articles on grief and links to resources.
- GriefNet.org – Internet community of persons dealing with grief, death and major loss.
- GriefStories – A non-profit organization that makes short video stories with hope, insights and information about grief.
Loss of Spouse
- Sisterhood of Widows – Online grief support site for widows and focuses on support and recovery.
- AARP– Information for widows and widowers. Online discussions.
Infant and Child Loss
- Compassionate Friends– Education and support for bereaved parents of any age. Links to local chapter meetings and newsletter.
- The M.I.S.S. Foundation– Online support through chat rooms and forums, local support groups, online newsletter.
- Bereaved Parents of the USA– Information for parents who have lost a child, online newsletter and links to resources.
- Alive Alone– Support for parents whose only child or all children have died. Newsletter, links, resources and message board.
- COPE (Connecting our Paths Eternally) – Organization dedicated to helping those who have suffered a loss with sibling support groups.
- The Gift of Keith – Website started by parents whose son died by suicide. Resources and articles by other survivors of suicide.
- Alliance of Hope – Online support for families coping with a loved one’s loss due to suicide.
- National Organization of Parents of Murdered Children– Message boards, support services, legal tips and advice from experts regarding investigations, media coverage, etc.
- Grief.com – Online support for families coping with a loved one’s loss due to homicide.